Monday, March 19, 2012

He Knows Me

God is good.


All the time.


Even when I get frustrated and stamp my feet and shout at the sky,
"Why can't something just work out the way I want it to!?"


Yup, even then.


Because in the midst of this ranting and fussing and womanly indignation I come inside to find a nine page letter from my really good friend who is on his mission. I was wondering why it was taking him so long to write me back. Now I know. It was so that I could have that little bit of comfort and a reminder of my previously more optimistic outlook on trials, right at that moment when I needed a hug and some Humble Pie.

Thank you Father for knowing me, and knowing how to care for me,
and thank you Anders for your wonderful letter.

Something Anders reminded me of that I had told him in the last letter I sent him:
In the hymn "Nearer my God to Thee," there is a line that says "[I wish to be] Nearer to Thee, e'en though it be a cross that raiseth me." Our trials bring us closer to the Lord, if we let them. If we want to be closer to our Father in Heaven we have to be willing to go through trials to get there. I need to do a better job of remembering that when I'm actually going through something difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!