Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's the little things

I'm grateful for the little things in life that make me smile. Dance partners that show you super-cool moves when you're practicing for a competition, sun on a cold day, a boy that walks around campus with a HUGE boom box on his shoulder playing happy songs at obnoxious volumes, people dropping candy tied to mini parachutes off of tall buildings, you know, the little things.

One little thing I've loved seeing the last few days is the motivational quotes written on the landings of the 4 story-ish flight of stairs I have to walk up in order to get to campus every morning. Let me tell you, when you have a backpack full of books and a laptop it is not very much fun. Some sweet soul, however, wrote really nice things in chalk on the ground, making the climb much more pleasant. I unfortunately didn't have my camera with me, but they had phrases like "great job!" " lookin' fine." "Almost there!" and it made me smile, which is not something I usually do when I'm climbing those stairs.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to make sure you knew how unlikely it is that you would see those "little things" at another university. What a blessing to be surrounded by people who are doing good. Even better is the idea of those people going out into the world and continuing to spread love and kindness. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!