Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Enjoying the Journey

I haven't been posting much lately because I haven't been having to force myself to think of things that I'm grateful for. I've been so happy! God is good to me :) I am so blessed, and I am so glad that I am seeing that now. Nothing in my situation has changed, everything that I'm sad that I don't have is still lacking, everything that bothers me is still there, but I haven't been focussing those things.

I was complaining to a friend a few days back that I was working so hard to be happy, but not getting any results. At first his comments made me feel like he didn't really get what I was trying to say, but then told me that I just needed to stop waiting for results, and just enjoy the journey. This really struck me because it was the theme of my stake's women's conference this past summer. I'm not completely sure what changed, but I pretty much decided there and then to stop waiting for happiness to arrive, and just be happy. Miraculously it worked!

Later that weekend I had a super cheesy thought, and I'm going to share it with you. Life is like a road trip. The point is to drive, and see the sights, and stop at random places along the way. My family knows this well; we used to drive from Michigan to California and back every summer, and we almost always took a different route. And the "destination" doesn't really matter, because the trip isn't over until you get home: it's about the experiences along the way. So stop asking "are we there yet" and just enjoy the journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!