Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dutch Baby Pancakes

Breakfast anyone?
This is a super simple, totally delicious, and the preparation takes 5 minutes tops. It's really easy to make a small batch for 2 (that's what I make for my little family of 2) or a big batch for 8 (which is what my mom did back home when I was growing up.) I meant to get a picture of what it looks like when you serve it, but Hubby and I were hungry so by the time I pulled the camera back out the plates were empty. Oops :)

What you need: (for a small batch)
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup of milk
1/2 Cup of flour
3 Tablespoons of butter
and
Casserole Dish or Cake Pan (size depending on how much you're making. For a small batch, I use a casserole dish my great grandmother gave me that is about 7''x9''. If you were to use 6 eggs a 9"x13" pan would be appropriate)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425ยบ

2. Put butter in your pan, then place in the oven to melt.


3. Blend eggs, milk, and flour.



4. Pour mixture into the pan of melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes.


5. Take it out of the oven and voila! A fluffy, buttery, suffle-ish breakfast that is ready to EAT! My favorite way to eat this is with syrup and powdered sugar. Some people like it with berries, sour cream, brown sugar, but you can do whatever you like!

Bon Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!