Monday, February 27, 2012

"I will not leave you comfortless"

Today I am filled with gratitude for my Savior. At times of such intense emotion, I often have difficulty finding my own words, so I've found myself quoting songs and scriptures when trying to describe my feelings. Most of them are in His praise, but I have found one phrase returning to my mind that is a promise from Him:

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

In my time of trial, he has surely come to me. His spirit has not left my side, and he has sent friends to me to comfort and strengthen me. I am so blessed to have knowledge of my savior and his goodness. I love him, I love his gospel, and I love my life, however trying it may be. I am grateful for my trials, as they give me an opportunity to learn and grow closer to him. Too often I say to myself that I don't want to learn anymore, I'm tired of growing. It's too hard. But today, I am strangely optimistic. I am making the choice to take the higher road mentioned by Paul in Romans 5, of allowing our tribulations to teach us patience, give us experience, endow us with hope, and take away our shame.

We always have a choice. No matter how hard our situation is, if we choose to look up, it will inevitably get better. I was told yesterday in my Stake Conference by our stake Relief Society President that if we face our challenges with optimism, things will always work out. I believe that.

The URL of my blog is 2 Timothy 1:8, but if you go back a verse, you find this

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love, and of a sound mind."

The Lord wants us to succeed. He is always supporting us, as long as we let him. He knows us individually, and loves us more than we can comprehend.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I know this is a little random, but I having been searching everywhere for a recording of the BYU choirs singing "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" and I stumbled on your blog in my search. I heard a BYU demo choir sing it last summer at the BYU Choral Academy, but haven't had any luck getting in touch with Sister Hall to get a recording of it. I am teaching it to my ward choir, and would love for them to hear a recording of it done right. (aka, done by BYU . . .) I noticed on your post about it a couple months ago, you mentioned you had it on your ipod. Would you be willing to email me an MP3 of it to share with my ward choir? My name is Sharee Gariety, and my email is gariety@gmail.com. I would be forever grateful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!