Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Goodbyes have never been something I've enjoyed. I don't like having to leave the people I care about, or have them leave me, even if its only for a few months. I enjoy face to face communication so much more than talking on the phone, or texting, or facebook, or whatever. It's almost harder for me to leave for college the second time knowing how hard it was for me last time, and having grown closer to more people here in Michigan, and having so many of my BYU friends leave on missions. I'm not as excited to go back to school as I should be, but I just have to look forward instead of backwards.
I am grateful that none of my goodbyes have been for forever. As far as I know, I will have the chance to see all of my friends again in this life, and even for my family members who have passed away, I have the promise of seeing them again in the life after this. I am so grateful for the faith that I have and for the knowledge of God's plan for us, so that I don't have to be so afraid of saying farewell, because I know that it is never forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!