Monday, October 24, 2011

The Best Home Teachers Ever

My home teachers are fantastic. They talk to my room mate and me, checking up on us more than once a month and to make the appointment. When they come over to teach they give fantastic lessons and they are always looking for a way to serve us. My favorite thing about them is the fact that they honor the priesthood which they hold and live close enough to the spirit that what they earnestly want to serve and help us, and are ready to exercise the priesthood at a moment's notice.
The last time they came to visit, my room mate felt a need for a blessing, and asked our home teachers for one as they were wrapping up the lesson. They were prepared to do it at that very moment. I think it takes so much faith to do that--to have the confidence that the Lord will give you the words that are needed, and that you have been righteous enough to be worthy of that revelation. I am in awe of these young men. I am so blessed to have the priesthood in my life, even when I'm not at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!