Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Refocus

Lately I've been a little self centered and materialistic and focussing too much on the things that I don't, and probably can't, have. It's disappointing to say the least. We all want to have what we want, it's natural. What's hard is accepting that we can't have everything we want and really embracing that fact. That's the part I'm having trouble with. So, I am once again rededicating my efforts to acknowledge the things that I am grateful for in the hopes that I can shift my focus from what I want, to what I have.

I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who have given so much for me, and the rest of our Father's children, for the sake of our happiness. I'm grateful for my faith in them, that no matter how frustrated I may be with the differences between our plans and ideas of what would be best for me, I never doubt their existence or even love for me. I really have been quite selfish lately and I'm sorry to the few people who read this if you don't enjoy it when my blog turns into a journal, because that is probably what will happen for the next little while as I try to overcome this little bump in the road and get back to being a deeply happy me, instead of this obnoxious grumpy one who has been inhabiting my body for the last little while.

I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to overcome this trial more quickly and move on, it's really not a huge deal, and I suppose this is why so many people are pessimistic and never get their hopes up, because it really stinks when you let yourself expect something and then are let down. It's tough. I don't enjoy it. So now we've come full circle and returned to the fact that I intend to be more grateful in everything that I do. . . The End. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!