Monday, June 13, 2011

Missionaries

I am so grateful for the sister missionaries in my ward, as well as all missionaries, but this week I'm especially grateful for mine :) I already mentioned my experience with them last tuesday, but I had the opportunity to go with them to teach someone on thursday. The girl we were teaching is my age. She is such a wonderful girl with a big heart, who was asking all the right questions. When we were talking about the plan of salvation and the atonement the spirit was so strong and I could tell that she felt it too. When the missionaries gave her a Book of Mormon they asked her to read three verses (Moroni 10:3-5) which basically say that if you pray with an open heart and ask God if this book is true, he will give you an answer. I have done this very thing and received an answer. The Book of Mormon is true. I know it in my heart and I have seen it touch countless people's lives. I am so grateful for it, this church, and the way their teachings help me become better than I ever could be on my own.

I am also grateful for all of my good friends who are serving missions now, have served them, or are planning on serving in the future. I am so proud of you, and so glad to call you my friends. I admire your courage and selflessness, and am so blessed to know you.

For anyone reading this who doesn't know what missionaries for my church are, or wants to know more about them, click here -->

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! This is awesome. I'm so glad you are going out with the sister missionaries. Sister missionaries taught me, and I still remember every single member who was present during my discussions. They were important to helping me feel welcome at church. I know that you still have some time ahead, but know that I think you would make a fantastic sister missionary, if you choose to go. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!