Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why I am Mormon



Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet with the sister missionaries from my church. Our original plan was to teach someone who was interested in joining the church, but they never showed up and their phone was off so the sisters and I just talked instead. First we just got to know each other a little bit and talked about how utterly hot it was yesterday, and then they taught me a short lesson since they weren't able to teach the woman we had meant to meet. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong the entire time, testifying to me of the truth of the scriptures and the doctrine of our church.

I am not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because we have fun activities, to make my parents happy, because the teachings fit my lifestyle, or because it's easy. It's not easy, but it is so worth it because every time I go to the awesome activities, or the three hour services on Sundays, or read the Book of Mormon I feel God's love so strongly, and the Holy Spirit testifying to me that the Book of Mormon is the word of the Lord, that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and that this church has all of the truth, divine authority, and power that it had when Christ was on the earth. I know that our Father loves all of us so much and is willing to forgive us and accept us if we will only accept him and turn away from our sins. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

To all of my friends who are not Mormon: please know that I do not look down on you because of our differences. I do not judge you for doing things that I don't do. I love you, and Father in Heaven does too, even if you don't acknowledge him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!