Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Excited for Baby!

I'm getting so excited for our little boy to come! Not just because pregnancy is uncomfortable, but because I can't wait to finally hold him in my arms. I've imagined him and dreamed about him so many times, and I just want to see him and know what he looks like, get to know his personality, and love him to pieces and try not to spoil him too much.

He's getting a lot stronger. For example, if Cameron rolls over too close to me or puts his arm across my tummy while we're sleeping, Baby will kick and poke him until he moves over (or I do.) It's fun to sit and watch my belly wiggle and move when he's awake. I try to keep this positive attitude when he's pushing on my ribs or my hip bones.

We've started slowly stocking up on diapers and wipes and little outfits. Our families have been so wonderful and sent us adorable toys, blankets, and clothes. It's really hard for me to not go buy everything in the stores for him, so I've limited myself to grocery shopping for the time being. I've also decided to make some things for him! I finished knitting him a little aviator-style hat today, I plan on making a little cover for his carseat sometime in the next couple weeks while I can still get onto the floor, and maybe a couple toys. I've painted a poster for the nursery (we're thinking of doing a Winnie the Pooh theme.) We had way too much fun registering and Target and Babies R Us. (That scanner was fun enough on its own before you factor in the fact that everything you're looking at is tiny, adorable, and for OUR baby!)

I just can't wait for this cute little guy to come! 7 weeks and 4 days till the due date :)
(For my friends and family that have been asking, here's a "bump" pic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!