Friday, January 17, 2014

Negative to Positive

Pregnancy is getting uncomfortable.
I haven't slept through the night in a long time (last night was my longest sleeping stint in weeks: 4 hours.) I think I might have a bruised rib from baby kicking the same spot over and over. Anything that requires bending is getting borderline ridiculous (I'm pretty sure they're going to introduce shaving your legs as a new olympic sport in February, the competitors just have to be at least 7 months pregnant.) I try to laugh at these things, but sometimes I just get so tired and it's hard not to complain.

The last couple days, I let myself get low. I got impatient with myself and others, and "if I have to wake up every couple hours at night can I at least have a baby to go with the sleeplessness?" But I'm choosing to change my mind,

I'm going to be positive from now on. I'm going to try to think of all the good things that can and have happened instead of focussing on the negative. I'm going to love myself, even my stretch marks, and love my life whether it involves sufficient sleep or not.

I am so grateful for my patient husband who loves and supports me--who tries to help me laugh and smile, but stops when he can tell I'm not in the mood and just need a sincere hug. I am so grateful for my body pillow that helps me be comfortable and supported between late night roll-overs and potty breaks. I'm thankful for the sun when it warms up the inside of the car. I'm grateful for pillows to prop me up on the couch when I need to rest but I'm tired of being on my side. I'm thankful for my kitchen sink, although I sometimes wish it were a dishwasher. I'm grateful that my morning sickness was short lived and I can eat what and when I want now. I'm thankful for this baby growing inside of me. I already love him so much and am so excited to meet him!

Thank you everyone for your love and support. I appreciate so much how loving and understanding everyone has been about my needing rest and relaxation. You're all fabulous.

6 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!