Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sickness and Service

Being sick is no fun. When you and your spouse are sick at the same time it's really no fun; but it provides a great opportunity for serving each other!

This past week Cam and I have had a lot of chances to take care of each other as we've both been under the weather and struggling with the emotional stress of that (plus the usual school, work, and the imminence of our impending parenthood.) We lean on each other a lot, and it helps strengthen our relationship.

My husband is so loving. He wakes up in the middle of the night to readjust my pillows so I can be comfortable, he helps me get my socks and shoes on when I can't bend over, and he tucks me into bed and goes to do the dishes when I'm not feeling well even though he has homework to finish.

Neither of us are perfect. But we find ways to lift each other. That is what helps us to be stronger together than we are alone. We don't let ourselves tear each other down or let the other struggle on their own. We do our best to show our love for each other! Together we turn to the Lord and he gives us strength and shows us how to love better and more fully.

Thank you, sweetheart, for loving me and taking care of me. I'm so grateful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment!